Directory of services to support Mental Health and Wellbeing
Click on the links for further advice and support.
Information for adults who are experiencing a mental health crisis. Please get in touch if you are in a crisis. We are here for you. Call us.
World Mental Health Day is on 10 October 2023. Find out how to get take part and raise awareness of mental health.
Advice and guidance for parents and carers to help them support a child or a young person experiencing poor mental health or wellbeing.
Place2Be works with schools to help parents support their child’s mental health and improve their emotional wellbeing.
Promoting the Five ways to Wellbeing at Home
It's never too early to start learning about good emotional health and wellbeing.
It's really important to find, and practice, positive ways of thinking as they can help you through life's ups and downs.
There are some simple things that everyone can do that can help boost moods and keep you happy. They're easy to do and don't have to cost a penny.
They're known as the 5 ways to wellbeing and they are:
- keep active
- take notice
- keep learning
Primary aged children
Here are some ideas of how you can fit the 5 ways into everyday life for primary school children aged 5 to 11.
- dance to your favourite song
- walk a dog
- hula hoop
- join a sports team
- play a game in the playground
- walk or cycle to school
- help in the garden
- run a race with friends
- make up your own sport
- look what you can see out of your window and how it changes
- paint or draw a picture of what you've seen today
- think about how you are feeling today
- listen to the sounds of nature like the wind and rain
- play I spy
- notice how your friends or family are feeling today
- talk to your friends and family
- help a friend or neighbour
- eat a meal with your family
- make a new friend
- say hello
- bake some cakes and share them
- learn a new word each day
- visit a museum or art gallery
- try out a musical instrument
- do a word search
- try a new food
- learn to cook a new recipe
- study an animal or bug
- visit a new place
- write a story or song
- smile and say thank you
- make a homemade present or card for no reason
- hold a door open for someone
- give someone you love a hug
- send your old toys to a charity shop
- share with others
- help around the house - wash the dishes or do some dusting
- listen to someone else and how they are feeling
You can also find out more about emotional health and wellbeing here:
See our '5 ways to wellbeing – family guide' attached to this page for ideas as to fun activities to encourage children and adults to engage in the 5 ways to wellbeing.